Winding Down

News and Announcements

Winding Down

Postby renanse » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Hey folks,

As you probably know, I've been working on other things for more than a year now and have had little to no time to help keep Ardor3D going. With my life and direction being what it is right now, I don't really see things changing any time soon and I don't want to leave the impression that it will. So with that in mind, I plan to retire the Ardor3D.com web site at the end of the month. I will keep paying for these forums to stay up until the end of 2014. After that, the code will remain up on github and of course you are free to keep using and branching as you desire. I don't plan to make any new releases or code check-ins.

My heartfelt gratitude to those that have made this community what it was over these past many years. I have really enjoyed working with you all and on the engine and technology and I hope I have assisted, amused, inspired, or just made life better for you in some small way.

With warm regards,

-- Josh "Renanse" Slack
Gratitude is a mark of a noble soul and a refined character.
renanse
Site Admin

Re: Winding Down

Postby tduindam » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:48 am

Hi Renanse,

Sad to hear Ardor3D is closing.

The hard work you and the others put in Ardor3D really helped us a lot when working on Caromble!.

I wish you the best of luck on your future projects and other stuff, and may we meet again somewhere on the internet :-).

Cheers!

Thomas
tduindam
regular

Postby gouessej » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:26 am

Hi

I'll go on using Ardor3D and I'll go on maintaining it as I don't plan to switch to another engine. Thank you very much, you did a great job, you can be very proud of what you achieved and I'm very grateful to you. I would have abandoned my main project if Ardor3D didn't exist. I will never forget the energy and the time you invested in your engine and I hope that some developers will help me in maintaining it in the near future. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to show "eye candy" pictures but I'll try to improve the documentation :D (I have a lot of work...)

Guys, it's time to keep up the good work. Please provide some SSCCE if you really want your bugs to get fixed.

Ardor3D users can still ask for questions on the official JogAmp forum or on JavaGaming.org as usual (especially after 2015). I'll make an effort to be much active on JogAmp IRC channel too.

Ok, I'll try to provide fresh binary builds as soon as possible.

I thank all other developers for their constructive feedbacks and contributions.

Edit.: Merging several other scenegraphs together isn't excluded.
gouessej
regular

Postby runiter » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:14 am

This is truly an end of an era!
Sad but part of life I suppose.
I wish you the best Renanse! hope you won't completely disappear and visit the forum once in a while.
Kudos on a job well done!
Sign this petition to demand Oracle remove Ask Toolbar from Java: https://www.change.org/petitions/oracle ... -installer
runiter
regular

Postby paranoidray » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:00 pm

Holy cow, just read the blog post from Josh...
Well, good luck with all your future endeavors !
paranoidray
Officer

Return to Official Announcements